Reflections on Cambodia, Buddhism and Music

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ka Yew Village

Due to some difficulties with registering my stay in Kompong Speu with the local police, I have returned to Phnom Penh earlier than I planned and will probably return on Tuesday with the appropriate papers. Below are some photos from Ka Yew village where I am living. The two sons in the family were very eager to use the camera, so I can't claim credit for any of these photos. But I hope they give a better picture of things in Konmpong Speu than my words do.


The house where I am staying.


The "spirit house" that serves as altar to tutelary spirits (neak ta)


Teng, one of Proum Uth's sons and Proum Uth's wife.


One of Proum Uth's daughters.


Pakdey, Proum Uth's youngest son, and me.


A neighbor and his beautiful cow.


A happy neighboring family.

No comments: